Costs Included in the Project Price
- Entry Visa admin fee (payable in Sri Lanka)
- 24 hour support in Sri Lanka
- Local Induction
- Placement training and support
- 5 nights’ / week B&B (dorm accommodation) coinciding with your 4 volunteering days (as our volunteers like to see Sri Lanka on their 3 days off) and Fridays.
- B&B on the 1st Saturday arrival (by pre-arrangement, a meal for groups)
- B&B on 1st Sunday induction days.
- Sri Lankan lunch snacks on Sunday Induction Day and evening meal at the Fig and Gecko.
- Evening meal on your 4 volunteering days/week
- Materials and equipment for individuals on teaching project placements..
- Local language interpreters (where necessary)
- Hot water showers (not standard in Sri Lankan accommodation).
- Toilet paper (not standard in Sri Lankan homes / nor in hostels / hotels that do not cater for westerners).
Costs Not Included in the Project Price
- Initial Visa (£45) payable to the SL High Commission, London (nor any charges associated with postage / collection in the UK). Prices for Entry Visas obtained in other countries may vary
- Residency Visa (for stays over 30 days), LKR 20,000 for UK passport holders, & admin fee of LKR 750 pp, plus LKR 14,500 - divisible by the number of people applied for.
- Travel Insurance (to cover volunteering)
- Basic DBS certificate.
- Airport transfers Follow this link for transport advice
- Daily transport costs to the Sri Lanka project placements (typically from 13p UK / day for individuals on public transport)
- Materials used by groups on education and Infrastructure Projects (see under 'Donations' for infrastructure costs.)
Group Discounts Per Person
You can begin your application today: