Our prices are listed in GBP £. Use a currency converter, such as XE , to get a guide to the price in your currency.
We make our volunteering as affordable as we possibly can, and we believe that our prices reflect this.The longer you stay, the cheaper the average price / week it becomes, which you can see in the table below.
We actively encourage friends, and group bookings, and we have given discounts to encourage that too.
Finally, at the bottom of the page, you will see what the price you pay does and does not cover, so that we are fully transparent in all we do.
INDIVIDUAL PLACEMENT PRICES 2017 - 18
Discounts for Group Members on our 2-4 week placements
Costs Included in the Project Price
- Entry Visa admin fee (payable in Sri Lanka)
- 24 hour support in Sri Lanka
- 4 nights’ / week bunk & dorm accommodation with breakfast in our hostel coinciding with your 4 volunteering days (as our volunteers like to see Sri Lanka on their 3 days off)
- The Saturday arrival and Sunday induction night, with breakfast
- Evening meal on your 4 volunteering days/week
- Materials and equipment for individuals on teaching project placements.
- Local induction.
- Placement training, and support
- Local language interpreters (where necessary)
- Hot water showers (not standard in Sri Lankan accommodation).
- Toilet paper (not standard in Sri Lankan homes / nor in hostels / hotels that do not cater for westerners).
Costs Not Included in the Project Price
- Initial Visa (£45) payable to the SL High Commission, London (nor any charges associated with postage / collection in the UK). Prices for Entry Visas obtained in other countries may vary
- Residency Visa (for stays over 30 days), LKR 20,000 for UK passport holders, & admin fee of LKR 10,500 (for an individual, and for groups.
- Travel Insurance (to cover volunteering)
- DBS certificate.
- Airport transfers Follow this link for transport advice
- Daily transport costs to the Sri Lanka project placements (typically from 13p UK / day for individuals on public transport)
- Materials used by groups on education and Infrastructure Projects (see under 'Donations' for infrastructure costs.)
If you have all the information you need: