Discount* 20% or 33% on 2017 programmes
we're celebrating our newest Sri lanka government partnered programme with discounts off our range of volunteering programmes.
20% off the individual Placement Price for the 1st 200 individuals to sign up for a 2017 programme
33% off the individual placement Price for the 1st 50 groups to sign up for 2017 Programmes
75% off the regular price for an organisation's employee accompanying a group they send in 2017
(This is instead of our regular offers)
If you have followed the link directly to this page, you may like to find out more about the projects we offer
Our prices are listed in GBP £. Use a currency converter, such as XE , to get a guide to the price in your currency.
INDIVIDUAL PLACEMENT PRICES
Group Member Discounts for 2-4 week placements*
Costs Not Included in the Project Price
- Entry Visa (£45) payable at the SL High Commission, London (nor any charges associated with postage / collection in the UK). Prices for Entry Visas obtained in other countries may vary.
- Residency Visa (for stays over 30 days), RS 20,000 for UK passport holders.
- Admin fee for Residency Visa, RS 7,500 (this can only be obtained in Colombo).
- Travel Insurance (which must cover volunteering)
- DBS certificate/s.
- Airport transfer to us can be had by bus and taxi for about £6. For airport pickup to Anuradhapura, add £130 for a minibus for groups / add £80 for a car. Pickup to Colombo is about £20. Follow this link for all transport options.
- Accommodation upgrades to ensuites / hotels / home stays
- TESOL Courses
- Craft courses e.g. pottery / basket weaving / photography...
- Medical requirements following drs / government advice
- DBS equivalent checks from any country other than the UK.
- Transport costs to the Sri Lanka project placements (typically from 13p UK / day for individuals on public transport)
- Minibus/car and driver hire for groups and families to and from the projects (from £40/day depending on group size / destination).
- Tuk tuk, seats 3, from £1. in town area.
- Materials used by groups on our Infrastructure Projects (see under 'Donations' for infrastructure costs.)
- Materials used by groups for practical activities (arts/crafts) in schools / village learning centres.
- Airport transfer to the airport at the end of the placement
- Fig and Gecko Tours (whether before, during, or after the project, are not included in the pricing)
- Upgrades available from single dorm bed accommodation to twin rubicle at £7.50/night pp - single occupancy of twin rubicle plus £15) at the Fig and Gecko Hostel.
- Bunk accommodation at our HQ/Fig and Gecko prior to your start day, or after your end day day, with standard breakfast, is charged at £10/day.
- Weekend stays, including standard B&B breakfast are charged at £10/day. Rooms not vacated are charged at the same price.
- All weekends, unless weekend tours are booked with Fig and Gecko Hostels and Tours for those weekends, will be charged prior to arrival, and refunded on vacation of room in GBP.
- Washing machines (not standard in Sri Lankan homes / hostels / hotels) at RS 450/load.
Costs Included in the Project Price
- Entry Visa admin fee payable in Sri Lanka
- 24 hour support in Sri Lanka
- 5 nights’ weekday project accommodation in our hostel style accommodation.
- Volunteers' Breakfast on your 4 volunteering days / week
- Volunteer's Breakfast on day 5
- Evening meal on your 4 volunteering days / week
- Materials and equipment for your teaching project placements.
- Local induction.
- Placement training, and support
- Local language interpreters (where necessary)
- Hot water showers (not standard in Sri Lankan homes / hostels / hotels).
- Toilet paper (not standard in Sri Lankan homes / nor in hostels / hotels that do not cater for westerners).
Do you have a question that we haven't answered in our FAQs?
If you have all the information you need: