Discount* 20% or 33% on 2017 programmes
we're celebrating our newest Sri lanka government partnered programme with discounts off our range of volunteering programmes.
20% off the individual Placement Price for the 1st 200 individuals to sign up for a 2017 programme
33% off the individual placement Price for the 1st 50 groups to sign up for 2017 Programmes
75% off the regular price for an organisation's employee accompanying a group they send in 2017
(This is instead of our regular offers)
If you have followed the link directly to this page, you may like to find out more about the projects we offer
Our prices are listed in GBP £. Use a currency converter, such as XE , to get a guide to the price in your currency.
INDIVIDUAL PLACEMENT PRICES
Group Member Discounts for 2-4 week placements*
*A group of people with children aged 15 and under, led by at least 2 adults (for Health & Safety), that is not representing a recognised youth organisation
Each Family Volunteering package is tailored to the individual family
- Families with children aged 15 and below are accommodated in our ensuite rooms, at an additional cost of £10/night/room (not included in the quoted rates).
- Our Group Rates above apply for family members aged 16 and over.
- 2 adults are required to accompany 1 - 6 family members aged 10 - 15.
- We do not offer active volunteering participation for children aged 9 and below. One adult solely responsible for that child, must accompany the party. The child, with the responsible adult, may accompany the family on village development projects, conservation projects, village education projects, holiday clubs. Neither the named responsible adult, nor the child aged 9 and below will require the volunteering visa.
- Family members 17 and below will travel on a Tourist Visa
Costs Not Included in the Project Price
- Flights (See flights' help application page)
- Entry Visa (£45) payable at the SL High Commission, London (nor any charges associated with postage / collection in the UK). Prices for Entry Visas obtained in other countries may vary.
- Travel Insurance (which must cover volunteering)
- Accommodation upgrades to ensuites / hotels / home stays
- TESOL Courses
- Craft courses e.g. pottery / basket weaving / photography ...
- Medical requirements following drs / government advice
- DBS equivalent checks from any country other than the UK.
- Transport costs to the Sri Lanka project placements (typically from around £0.20 / day for individuals on public transport)
- Minibus/car and driver hire for groups and families to and from the projects (from £40/day depending on group size / destination).
- Materials used by groups on our Infrastructure Projects (see under 'Donations' for infrastructure costs.)
- Materials used by groups for practical activities (arts/crafts) in schools / village learning centres.
- Airport transfer to the airport at the end of the placement
- GAFV Tours (whether before, during, or after the project, are not included in the pricing).
Costs Included in the Project Price
- UK DBS application
- Entry Visa admin fee (Sri Lanka immigration).
- Residency Visa, & admin fee (for stays in Sri Lanka 5 weeks or more)
- 24 hour support in Sri Lanka
- 7 nights’ project accommodation / week in our hostel style accommodation
- 2 meals - Breakfast & evening meal - on your 4 day work days
- Materials and equipment for your teaching project placements
- Airport pick-up on the project start day
- Local induction
- Placement training, and support
- Local language interpreters (where necessary)
- Washing machines (not standard in Sri Lankan homes / hostels / hotels)
- Hot water showers (not standard in Sri Lankan homes / hostels / hotels)
- Toilet paper (not standard in Sri Lankan homes / nor in hostels / hotels that do not cater for westerners)
Do you have a question that we haven't answered in our FAQs?
If you have all the information you need: