Volunteer Sri Lanka - Join our Sri Lanka Government Partnered Education and Development Projects
We're a UK non-profit, placing volunteers in government schools, colleges, universities, villages, and orphanages providing you with unique volunteering opportunities in Sri Lanka.
- We're UK educational experts, training Sri Lankan government teachers.
- We place volunteers in different English teaching and coaching environments, giving you fantastic opportunities to fulfil dreams, and build your CV
- Our team of Sri Lanka development experts have managed the development of 3000 villages, and we are being funded to develop this as a recognised NGO
- Volunteer with confidence - we give you 24 hour, 365 days, 360⁰ support in Sri Lanka.
- We provide a no hidden costs, Affordable Volunteering: Priceless Opportunities
- We train Sri Lankan teachers of English, and teach and coach English in schools, colleges, universities, to monks, and in villages.
- While volunteering in Sri Lanka, we provide opportunities for you to learn crafts and work with the communities.
- Take your TESOL Qualification with us, for fun, and for travel.
- We work in education with one of the world's biggest orphanage charities.
- Our programmes are from 2 weeks - 1 year, from aged 14 - to over 60,
- We operate our own accommodation, in excellent surroundings, providing with you high standards throughout your experience
Hi! We're Paul and Jane, both professional educators and education managers, who set up GAFV after being invited by government to support education company in Sri Lanka.
We receive multiple requests for support - all community initiated - from teaching English, to supplying hearing aids, building toilets, and providing expertise in organic agricultural, to working out creative solutions to stop elephants eating villagers' crops. All in a day's volunteering!
You'll love volunteering in Sri Lanka, and you'll have an experience that changes yours and our world.
As an education company, we have a unique position of trust in Sri Lanka, and our range of professionally planned and supported projects, can be tailored to suit your outcomes.
Whether teaching monks in their schools and universities, teaching and coaching English in government schools in lessons, or through sports and the arts, or building infrastructure, you will have an amazing experience with unique, and unmissable opportunities.
Whatever your age, join us for the adventure of a lifetime and make a real difference in Sri Lanka.
Join Us In Sri Lanka
With Give A Fig, you'll experience this beautiful safe and incredible tropical island, its people, vibrant culture, festivals, and unique environment from within.
Enjoy our unique programmes with villages and schools, our TESOL, craft and cookery courses, and invitations from the people to join in their festivals and celebrations,
You'll love being here to explore, whether you are here for 2 weeks or 52 weeks, whether you're volunteering as an individual, or in a group, mapping out your own travel, or joining one of our tours, we'll be with you all the way.
Coach / Teach English in Sri Lanka
Volunteer with confidence. Give A Fig are trusted education partners of the Sri Lankan government.
Boost your CV, develop and use your skills, and make a difference on this amazing placement that is for anyone with an interest in children, Teaching, Teaching English, Teaching English Overseas, and Education in Developing Countries. We welcome complete beginners to those who are retired teachers.
Use your English language, interests and skills to transform students' opportunities volunteering with them and using English in government schools. All children learn English from age 7, and this is a vital language for their future economic prospects. Your volunteering with them will enable them to use English as a living language, and you will gain genuine international school / English teaching experience, and real knowledge of Education in Developing Countries through this Sri Lankan government Education partnered project. More information.
For more information about our other projects, visit our volunteering project page.