Your Accommodation when you volunteer with us
the Fig and Gecko
We pride ourselves on the accommodation we have for you and our staff, so much so that we also open it as a hostel for travellers so that you can read their independent reviews on HostelWorld
- You'll be living in the Fig and Gecko whilst volunteering
- A fantastic place, a unique property, large and comfortable.
- A large garden, with wildlife.
- The food is excellent
- We serve you breakfast and an evening meal as standard.
- We serve Asian, Sri Lankan, and western food, all cooked fresh for you
We're based in Anuradhapura
- A beautiful area of Sri Lanka
- It's close to one of its largest national parks (home to 1oo leopards, 150 bears, and 100 elephants).
- Around us live over 400 elephants, at least 100 in the villages we work with to the east.
- The Sacred Cities of Anuradhapura and Mihintale are 1 km, and 12km away respectively.
- One wonderful thing is that you never know what ceremonies to expect when you go over there.
- The people we work with here in education and development, are very appreciative of all of your support and time.
- The road and rail links are excellent, and the weather is good all year
- Being a rural area, the town is virtually pollution free
More Reasons To Choose Us
We've researched the cost of volunteering, and so have our volunteers, and they tell us that we are amongst the least expensive they've found, and we don't scrimp on quality.
We offer affordable volunteering because we are a UK non-profit and we want you to volunteer with us to support the Sri Lankan people, the Sri Lankan youth, their wildlife, and so that you our volunteers can experience the world and join hands in making it a better place for us all.
Our 4 Day Volunteering week
- This is really appreciated by those volunteering with us
- You have enough time to volunteer and enough time enjoy Sri Lanka. See our example itineraries
- Of course, great weather, beautiful beaches, delicious food, a bio diversity hot spot, and exuberant culture.
24/7 Support in sri Lanka
- Our HQ is in Sri Lanka, and we have a UK and Sri Lankan team in Anuradhapura
- We are on hand 24 hours a day for your support
- We are active with you on your placements to support you..
Year Out Group, and BS8848
- We .comply with UK and Sri Lankan legislation
- We are the first Aspiring Members of Year Out Group
- We are on our way to meeting the voluntary BS8848 standards set by the UK BSI for activities overseas.