We are offering 4 management and development Gap Year Internships with us in Sri Lanka in 2018-19
from August 2018
You may wish to carry out a supported Gap Year with us. The pricings and application / enquiry form may be found at the Home Page under Get Involved
The main areas for our Gap Year Internships are:
- Hospitality, hostel management, catering, & tourism development for local income growing, promoting & protecting culture
- English language teaching; coaching of German, French, and Portuguese; planning and delivering holiday clubs
- NGO Development, fund applications, and building partnerships
- Supporting the growth of our organisations in development in Sri Lanka
- Supporting volunteers
1. You’ll be part of an established organisation that’s making a difference in Sri Lanka.
2. We’ll provide you with:
- 7 days a week accommodation at the Fig and Gecko
- 2 meals a day – local breakfast and evening meal
- cycles for freedom of mobility
- for those with a full driving licence, use of a tuk tuk - when available.
- full support
3. You’ll have opportunities for:
- CV building
- enjoying a tropical country.
- developing your known, nascent, and new skills.
- making a difference
4. You'll have Time off:
- 2 weeks off in every 4 months - at stipulated times
- 2 additional weeks p.a.
- 2 days off a week in each 7 day week
- 45 hour week (includes travel time), the standard in Sri Lanka.