Each of our volunteering project opportunities are carried out with the Sri Lankan government, are locally initiated, operate to high standards of planning and support, and may be tailored to your requirements.
For Groups of 5 or More
Projects suited to groups of 5 or more people have the code 5-PLUS
For Individual & Groups of 2, 3 or 4
Projects suited to groups of 1 - 4 people have the code 1-to-4
2 - 12 Week Education Projects
In Pre-schools, government schools, monks' schools, in Children's Homes, & in college to unemployed youth
Group Size: 1-to-4 / 5-PLUS
Ideal for all who enjoy working with children and young adults
In schools, and Holiday Clubs
Group Size: 1-to-4
Ideal for native German Speakers and those studying German, and those with good English skills
13 - 52 Week Education Projects
Thinking of joining us for 12 weeks or more?
view our Internships page for options on joining us
These longer term projects are ideal for those wanting to spend time in one place, boost their CV, explore a culture and a country, and make a difference.
Ideal for retired teachers, br those wanting to begin teaching, or become TEFL qualified
Group Size: 1-to-4
Plan and Run Holiday Language & Activity Clubs
Holiday Clubs Run each April, August, and December
Group Size: 5-PLUS
This Project is Ideal for Groups of 5 or more who wish to volunteer during school or university holidays
Young Leaders Training
Ideal for Youth Workers & Youth Clubs
Build and Paint
Build, toilets, community halls, renovate buildings, and decorate Classrooms
benefits of volunteering on our community initiated projects:
- You'll be making a real difference in people's lives
- You'll be contributing to the progress they want to achieve
- You'll be involved on professionally planned projects, partnered with the Sri Lankan government.
- You'll be actively supporting conservation
- Volunteering abroad can have a real and lasting difference in your own life
- You'll enhance your CV
- you'll learn new skills
Volunteering is also an incredibly cost effective way of:
- seeing more of the world,
- adventuring safely
- develop your career
- Take a Career Break
- being fully supported in Sri Lanka
- 4-day volunteering week (which everyone says is perfect)
- 4 consecutive days on, 3 consecutive days off
- 6 – 8 hours on placement (inclusive of breaks and travel to / from and between projects).
- Projects operate year round
- Projects are from 1 week (turtle project) to 52 weeks.
Thanks for giving a fig and your interest in Sri Lanka volunteering
Let us know what you'd like to do, and.
Receive Our Online Application Form